These fast and easy “fries” (complete with savory dipping sauce) are packed with delicious, nutritious ingredients. If you ask us, they’re even tastier than the real ones...
Extra-virgin olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond or cashew milk
1 large ripe (but firm) avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut into eight slices
¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Dash smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F, and line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper and olive oil.
2. In a small or medium bowl, whisk together flour, chili powder and salt. Pour milk into a small bowl.
3. One at a time, carefully dip an avocado slice in the almond flour, then the milk, and then the again in the flour. Place coated pieces on pan. Repeat with remaining slices. Coat both sides of avocado slices evenly with olive oil or cooking spray.
3. Bake until golden brown and crispy on the outside, turning over halfway through, about 25 minutes total (do not let burn).
4. While the fries bake, whisk together mayonnaise, tomato paste, lime juice, and smoked paprika.
5. Serve fries while hot with the mayo dipping sauce.
Recipe by Dr. Will Cole.