Mind-calmer, body-balancer, skincare wonder: Cannabidiol (CBD) can certainly be described as versatile, and the same can be said for its applications. Its uses are so wide-ranging, in fact, that its use cases may seem contradictory on the surface, especially when it comes to energy and relaxation. How is it possible that hemp extract is being explored as a focus-boosting, energizing element, when its effects as a sleep aid are being explored as well? Read on to learn how CBD balances biological processes to help you get better sleep and feel more energized throughout the day.*
How does CBD impact energy?
There are several ways CBD impacts energy levels, both directly and indirectly. Studies have suggested a positive relationship between CBD and mood related neurochemicals in the brain. In addition, an article published in Frontiers in Neuroscience in 2017 suggests that CBD increases metabolism activity. A slow metabolism is often associated with low stamina.
CBD's usefulness in promoting sleep indirectly boosts energy throughout the day as well.* One naturally befits the other: with more hours of restful sleep each night, you’re more likely to wake refreshed and ready to take on the day.
So, when people say that CBD is good for both energy and sleep, they aren't confused. The cannabinoid helps establish a balance that buoys mood and focus, as well as promoting more restful sleep at night.*
What are some energy-boosting properties of CBD?
From regulating neurochemicals* to promoting full-body balance*, the impact of CBD on energy levels around the clock can’t be understated. Here's a closer look at four energy-supporting properties of CBD:
- Neurochemical regulation: By helping to balance levels of dopamine and serotonin in the brain*, CBD doesn't just boost energy like caffeine might or help you relax like Valerian root (although there are products out there, including our Rest Easy Elixir drink mix, which pair CBD with complementary herbs to promote relaxation). Instead, CBD may play a role in regulating your sleep-wake cycle*, promoting restful sleep at night* and supporting balanced energy levels throughout the day.*
- Improved mood and focus: Feelings of fatigue may be related to a lack of mental and emotional clarity, as opposed to a lack of energy. In many cases, an improved mood and focus can eliminate feelings of fatigue.
Types of CBD products
You have many types of CBD products to choose from, all of which can have a different effect on your body, including how long they take to get to work. Some options available to you include:
- 1. CBD capsules: Capsules offer a quick, discreet, and easy-to-measure way to consume CBD. Some, like our The Daily vegan capsules, blend the whole plant hemp extract with fatty acid-rich hemp seed oil, turmeric, and clove bud, all of which naturally complement CBD.
- 2. CBD edibles: Whether taken as an infused food or as a drink like our beverage infusions, edibles deliver the phytocannabinoid in a convenient, discreet, and even tasty manner. The CBD in edibles is processed over several hours as it makes its way through your digestive system.
- 3. CBD self-care products: Good sleep and relaxation go hand in hand, and the right CBD products can help you unwind and shake off the day’s stress. Our Soak It In bath gem is a prime example, pairing CBD with Epsom salt for some next-level relaxation vibes.
How to choose the right CBD product for energy
Personal preference plays a significant role in which product you ultimately choose, but understanding how that product will fit into your lifestyle is just as, if not more, important. Consider these four points while choosing the right CBD product for energy:
- Consider the form: Which fits better into your lifestyle: a discreet, easy capsule or a single-serve drink mix that can mix into any liquid? Does your existing nighttime regimen already include a relaxing bath that could be elevated by a CBD-infused bath gem? Understanding how, when, and where you plan on taking CBD will help narrow down your choice of product type.
- Understand how much CBD you want to take: The amount of CBD in each product and in each serving can vary greatly. Start with a smaller amount and work your way up as you learn how CBD aligns with your holistic wellness routine and overall goals.
- Guarantee quality: The most reputable brands will post third-party lab testing results, so you can see exactly what is in the product before you buy it. We partner with a best-in-class, third-party facility which thoroughly tests and verifies each batch of our product for consistency, quality, purity, and potency at multiple stages of the manufacturing process.
- Read the label for other supportive ingredients: Pay attention to all ingredients in your chosen product. All our products carefully pair CBD with the right plant-based wellness ingredients to further support and enhance your wellness goals.
Exploring our CBD products for energy? Take The Trifecta botanical elixirs for a spin. This set of beverage mixes are formulated for daily energy and proper nighttime unwinding.
Exploring CBD for energy – and sleep
CBD isn’t a stimulant like other energy-boosting products. Rather, CBD serves to balance an array of bodily functions and mental processes to keep you naturally in tune with your body and its rhythms.* If you’re looking for new ways to maintain your regular rhythm, CBD may be the right product to help you reach your wellness goals.