A hemp-and-veggie powered breakfast cookie is definitely our style, especially on weekend mornings when we (may or may not) bring a plate of them back to bed.
Makes about a dozen cookies.
2 ½ cups rolled oats
1 small zucchini, shredded
½ cup raw hemp seeds
½ stick melted butter
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup nut butter of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp cinnamon
(optional: ¼ cup coconut chips or ¼ cup dried berries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 *F.
2. Place oats, shredded zucchini, and eggs into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Add hemp seeds, coconut sugar, nut butter, vanilla extract, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Fold in additional coconut chips or dried berries.
5. Roll 1-inch balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
8. Store in a airtight container for up to 5 days.